username/password for up2date

Dan Goodes fedora-list at planetmirror.com
Tue Nov 4 03:16:15 UTC 2003

Two things here...

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> Once upon a time at band camp Tue, 4 Nov 2003 4:46 am, Stephen Moore wrote:
> > is it possible to use a username and password with up2date?
> >
> > apt allows it
> >
> > http://user:passwd@premium-download.planetmirror.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhi
> >de/
> >
> > up2date spits out a lot of python errors when i try this

I raised this with the yum developers and they have put username/password
support in yum - I was hoping that up3date would carry these changes
through, but evidentally it doesnt.

The specific errors Stephen is talkin about, up2date bawks at the ':',
saying "passwd at premium-download.planetmirror.com" is not a valid port
number. If you try FTP, it said that it can't find the host "user".

> As much as i love and use planetmirror  i have found that they are about 2-3
> days behind on keeping rawhide synced.  i initially was using planetmirror
> and found  people in the list were refering to packages that are unavaliable
> to me yet.

We have a regular update process that runs daily to fetch updates from
rawhide. We are considering running it twice daily, depending on demand.

When the rawhide server was re-organised recently, we temporarily stopped
our regular update (so that, if there were considerable problems, we
wouldn't destroy our local copy of the rawhide stuff). We recently
re-activated that, and it all seems to be up-to-date from our point of
view.

--
Regards,

Dan Goodes  :  Systems Programmer  :  dang at planetmirror.com

Help support PlanetMirror - Australia's largest Internet archive
by signing up for PlanetMirror Premium : http://planetmirror.com