Delay? Looks bad for Fedora

Tue Nov 4 18:33:10 UTC 2003

> > > So when is the stable release of Fedora due out?
> > >
> > Yesterday, but from the release schedule page: "November 3 2003 - General
> > Availability Delayed due to respin for several days, will be available as
> > soon as possible."
>
> Yeah, that doesn't answer my question though. =)  Next Monday?  Next
> month?

"several days" sounds to me like... less than a week, certainly less than
a month.

> Since Fedora is for home/hobby folks, could the announcement be
> worded a bit more in nontechnical terms?  "Respin" is a new term for me,
> and I've been using RH since 6.x days.

I also was wondering what "respin" myself! (PR?)

> Yeah, RHN is still there for me, but not for long. :\  Or is Fedora crew
> planning a RHN service replacement?

Depends what you used RHN for.  If you just used it for updates, then you
are getting expanded service.  If you used the web management stuff, then
you migth be disappointed.

 -- noah silva