Seawolf -> Fedora?

Tue Nov 4 19:08:26 UTC 2003

> Does this mean that things like instant ISOs, hardware/software
> inventory, etc. Will all be unavailable for Fedora systems?
>
> To put it more bluntly, if I only plan to run Fedora (and not any
> version of RHEL), is there any reason at all for me to pony up my $60 to
> renew my RHN subscription?

he he he.. I think the point is.. not many people were ponying it up
before, and everyone realized that they could do most everything rhn
offered for free.  There already was YUM and APT, and people already
downloaded ISOs on bittorrent faster than "Instant ISO".  I think redhat
found it easier to "go with the flow".  You could buy the subscrition for
the same reason I bought Ximian Desktop and StarOffice.. donation ;)

> Adam

 -- noah silva

p.s.: maybe some from redhat can more accurately answer you.