RH recommends using Windows?

Tue Nov 4 20:23:24 UTC 2003

> One other thing a friend of mine tried it once and said why do I have to
> switch to root, or give the root password  when I install something.
> Windows is seamless. Then just gave up on Linux.... What do you do?????

Not if you are using windows 2000 or XP with "best practices".  You
shouldn't be logged in as "Administrator" any more than you should be
logged in as root in linux.  Of course.. the difference is that non-root
mode actually works for a reasonable amount of things in linux.  But this
is improving in windows winde 2000 became mainstream.

 -- noah silva