[Fwd: RH9 --> Fedora]

Cliff Kent cliff at villagevisions.com
Tue Nov 4 20:45:32 UTC 2003

 >> If you really wanted to try this, you could install yum, and set it
to fetch from rawhide (right now).  I can see a number of problems with
this right now.  For example, I dont' think rawhide has all of the
packages from FC1 in it, just more recent changes. <<

It can work.

Yesterday, on a RHL9 box I edited the yum.conf to point to the FC test 3
CD RPMs in a local directory for "base" and a rawhide repository on the
web as "updates". I started yum update and went to bed. 897 packages
were updated by morning and it was FC1 except for details like
installing fedora-release to do the name change.

Very nice,

ck