RH recommends using Windows? plus a Question!

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:52:14 UTC 2003

Hi,

Personally, I think the statement from RH is complete crap.

Linux is fit for all and fit for all now. My five year old has been
using RH for the past 3 years and whizzes around it faster than any
other OS (including Windows at hit school).

I've conducted experiments at work with 10 machines, 5 linux and 5 win
xp. Both set to *look* the same, so it really was a blind test. They
both had OOo 1.1 on, Moz 1.5 and anything else you would expect to see
(inc. Evolution and Scribus).

EVERY SINGLE PERSON prefered the linux boxes as they were faster, more
stable and far simpler to navigate. Over 100 people took part in the
experiment as well.

Anyone who thinks that Linux is not ready for the home market should
look at Lindows and how well that is selling. Linux *is* ready and has
been since RH 7.3 (ish).

Sheesh! You try like mad to educate people into using machines that do
what the user wants and not what MS thinks you want and then the head of
the best known Linux company comes out with the pile of utter garbage he
did! Talk about opening your mouth to change foot!

TTFN

Paul
--
Free your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Free your mind to a choice of applications which you can control