upgrade from RH9 to Fedora

Scott Ware scott at eardown.com
Wed Nov 5 18:52:11 UTC 2003

I know what you mean by saying it would be nice to have an option to
preserve the users' settings. I have read a couple of posts here where
others have mentioned that also.

As far as "backing-up" my user info, and other configuration files. I
usually don't care that much about my individual user account, because
whatever I wipe out, It's nothing that I cant put back. But, I usually
just write a shell script that back's up all of the configuration files
that I want for programs, and some of my files, and then tar's them up  so
that I can burn it to a cd, or transfer it somewhere else temporarily.

I will be tempted to do this again...and I probably will. I'll just
upgrade first, see how things are, and then i'll go ahead and do a clean
install.