md5sum doesn't match with BitTorrent

Don dnrlinux at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 23:21:38 UTC 2003

I have a question regarding these md5 sums....

Is it redundant to check the md5 sums if you do a media check?

When I use the CD's for the first time, I do a media check, but I never
check the md5 sums...
I figure if the sums are correct before creating my CD, that doesn't mean
the CD gets created properly... but the media check should report any
problems in the overall creation process... maybe the file was downloaded
with errors, or maybe errors actually burning the CD.... either way wouldn't
"media check" detect and report that?