ftp install

Lars E. Pettersson sm6rpz at home.se
Thu Nov 6 20:57:14 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 21:35, Lucas Albers wrote:
> iso install from directory is only supported on nfs install.
> you need to extract for ftp or http install.

No, you do not need to extract the contents of the iso-files. Just mount
them to the directories disc1, disc2, and disc3.

I.e.
cd /var/ftp/pub/fedora
mkdir disc1
mkdir disc2
mkdir disc3
mount -o loop /whatever/yarrow-i386-disc1.iso disc1
mount -o loop /whatever/yarrow-i386-disc2.iso disc2
mount -o loop /whatever/yarrow-i386-disc3.iso disc3

On the question on what directory to use on the ftp-server, use /pub/fedora

I am installing to my laptop using this technique just now... :-)

/Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson, SM6RPZ | Gothenburg, SWEDEN
sm6rpz at home.se | http://www.sm6rpz.se/