GNOME battery applet eats CPU

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Fri Nov 7 13:12:22 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've just installed Fedora FC1 on my laptop. The first
thing I noticed was that my laptop responded very sluggish.
After checking with top a found out that the GNOME battery applet
was eating a lot of CPU. After disabling the applet the systems
responds as it should.

This has probably something to do with ACPI (I have ACPI enabled). I
read about it on the ACPI mailinglist. Recent ACPI drivers should not
have this problems. Any changes this problem will be resolved?

Battery status is rather trivial on a laptop...;-)

Cheers,

Jurgen