Installing FC1 to/from Firewire devices

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 21:21:24 UTC 2003

On Nov  7, 2003, Robert L Cochran <cochranb at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I'll ultimately want firewire support in at least some of my machines,
> so the capability for firewire installs are nice. well done.

Thanks for the encouragement.

FWIW, I had some embarrassing typos and `replace-regexp'os :-) in the
script that I posted yesterday.  Thanks to Greg Hamerly for letting me
know about the problem (reminding me I'd failed to actually test the
last version of the script, doh!) and testing the fixed version, which
enabled him to succeed in starting an installation from a Firewire CD
drive.  Whee!

A few more positive reports and I'll feel confident to post it to
fedora-list.