Troubles creating sessions

Pedro Silva pedrofsilva at netcabo.pt
Tue Nov 11 23:38:55 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 21:49, Fernando Álvarez-Uría wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Ive just installed xfce4; it creates an entry in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions
> called Xfce4, but it doesnt appear in the menu of gdm (the loging screen).
>
> Does anyone knows where to place the scripts for starting new sessions
> of window managers?
>
> Untill redhat9, it was done as usual: putting the script in
> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions.

Hi!

I've just installed XFce4 through rpms (from xfce.org) and have the same
problem.
I found a way to make it work but it's no solution. During login, choose
Failsafe Terminal from session menu. This will log you in only with a
xterm window. In xterm execute: /usr/bin/startxfce4.
This will start XFCE, but you can never close the first xterm because it
will log you out.

Hoping to get a xfce freshrpm soon.

--
Pedro Silva <pedrofsilva at netcabo.pt>