Open Carpet

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Tue Nov 25 03:34:44 UTC 2003

Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Looks like we can finally have the nice Red-Carpet system without having
> to wait for Ximian to support a certain distro.
>
> Open Carpet  apparently allows any Apt source to be used with Red-carpet,
> which is pretty neat imo.
>
> Red Carpet has been my favorite tool since it came out, but also somewhat
> useless to me when I wasn't running a supported distro.
>
> Right now, the fedora project is available.
>
> I will report back when I have actually tested this.
>
>  thanks,
>      noah silva

I have a sort of red-carpet messed up Fedora installation. I could
afford to see what this open carpet program can do. It started to work
until I got so far into using the installation. I then got some error
with red-carpet bombing.

I'll google for the link to the program.

Jim
--
Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.