Fedora Core 1 & routing.

Ivo Sarak ivo at ra.vendomar.ee
Wed Nov 26 20:28:51 UTC 2003

As there is no text based setup->networking-> network configuration in
Fedora Core 1 I tried the redhat-config-network.
It does let me define several network interfaces and routes. Only little
probem is that if to reboot the box the routes and interfaces are defined,
but routing is disabled (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward content is 0).

I find it strange that there is no "enable routing" option in
redhat-config-network as it was in this previous text
based setup->networking->.

Routing will start working if to "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward".

Is this a bug or does I get it all wrong?