subject change

Bill Anderson bill at noreboots.com
Wed Oct 1 13:42:25 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 12:15, Matt Brodeur wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
>
> > What are the chances of getting the [listname] feature turned on?  Makes
> > it easier to quickly sort email...
>
>    From past experience on all too many mailing lists, I'd say the chances
> are close to or less than zero.  This usually turns into an overly heated
> debate that eventually leads nowhere.
>
>    Since you appear to be using Evolution, you could try the vfolders
> feature.  IIRC (it's been a while), you can have vfolder rules on
> arbitrary headers.  For this list I filter (with procmail) on the
> following header:

Or even faster:
right-click a message form the list -> go down to "Create rule from
message" -> then either "VFolder on Mailing list" or "Filter on mailing
list". Then, if filtering, select the folder and poof, you are done. If
using vfolders, you are done.

This works for mailman and ezmlm based lists. Not sure about majordomo
since none of the lists I am on use it anymore.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773
bill at noreboots.com