guidance needed

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 16:22:39 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 11:41:44AM -0400, Gene C. wrote:
> OK, rawhide is being updated but rhn for servern-beta2 is not.  For testing,
> except is specific cases, do you want us to stick pretty closely to what you
> publish in rhn or do you want us to do lots of updated from rawhide when they
> appear?

In regards to the test releases, they are just two different ways
of pushing the same package set, as far as we are concerned.  The RHN
updates channel is pending on folks in the RHN group; feel free to update
from rawhide.

> Sometimes rawhide contains packages which have big problems whereas rhn (even
> for test) is usually pretty good.

We're pushing packages from the same source for rawhide and the test
updates channel in rhn (once it's up and running).  They should be
generally equivalent.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/