HDC errors

Kevin McConnell kevymac at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 10:32:05 UTC 2003

--- Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at web.de>
wrote:
> Ok, here is the 4th: Depends on your Kernelconfig
>
> > > CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE:
> > > If you get this error, try to say Y
> > > here:

Yep... even better. I used to have an old seagate HD
that was succeptible to that and that patch was the
only thing that saved it.

> There ist also another thead about this called "Re:
> Anyone seeing data
> corruption like bz#91932"

That's great.... I only hope that the original bug
filer isn't filing this bug over an error that's
occurring because of smartd running into a cdrom. That
would be irony, wouldn't it?

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE # 805299480800193 since July 2, 1999-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>
Freedom in software, now freedom in life.
http://www.freestateproject.org/