Anyone working on a Feodore release for X86-64 ?

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 15:52:11 UTC 2003

That can be worked with.  Would the installer be easier to fix, or would
the kernel be easier? Red Hat is not officially making an AMD64 release of
Fedora available at least around Core 1.  I am stepping up to make a
release available that will work, and provide errata, etc until Red Hat
decides to make an official release.  I hope to continue working with the
release at that time.  That said, I do not expect it to be a simple
buildinstall, and know there is work to be done.  I do not mind working on
anaconda and providing patches back, or any other component for that
matter.  I will certainly work on getting the current 2.4.21 kernel
working, but to get a platform that is easy for people to install and test
with, perhaps 2.6test will be easier for an initial release, then add the
2.4.21 as an option, when I get it working.  I am certainly more familiar
with kernel code than anaconda code, but not with the specifics of NPTL
and the 0(1) scheduler.

Justin M. Forbes