today's beta2 updates

Mark Mielke mark at mark.mielke.cc
Thu Oct 2 17:42:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:23:19PM -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:
>   The beta2 updates channel is available, and this morning the first batch
> of updates came out.  Good news: with the new version metacity-2.6.2-1, the
> window sticking bug appears gone.  Bad news: The new mozilla-1.4.1-0 hangs,
> Konqueror runs normally on the CNN Web site but hangs when I try to go to
> the bugzilla web site.  I can see the redirected https:// URL in the window,
> but it never has a chance to load.  The bug probably resides below both
> browsers.  It happens when running either the original 2061 or today's 2082
> kernel.  Are other people experiencing this, and any ideas where it's
> coming from?

I grabbed the updates off rawhide before today, but I believe they are the
same packages.

My wife found out that Mozilla Mail freezes up. It grabs 100% of the CPU
and goes away doing something. It is quite reproducable, so if the people
responsible cannot reproduce it, just tell me what to do, and what to look
for, and I'll make a stab at it. Mozilla itself seems ok, at least the sites
I tried. I didn't try bugzilla yet.

Cheers,
mark

--