Anyone working on a Feodore release for X86-64 ?

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 19:45:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:52:11AM -0500, Justin M. Forbes wrote:
> matter.  I will certainly work on getting the current 2.4.21 kernel
> working, but to get a platform that is easy for people to install and test
> with, perhaps 2.6test will be easier for an initial release, then add the
> 2.4.21 as an option, when I get it working.  I am certainly more familiar
> with kernel code than anaconda code, but not with the specifics of NPTL
> and the 0(1) scheduler.

Well, 2.4.22.  Which, without any patches, should work on AMD64.

Given the installer issues with the 2.6 kernel and the fact that
we really haven't tuned the rest of the OS for it, and the fact
that we intend that a stock kernel should run on Fedora Core,
I'd suggest making your first try be to remove the NPTL and
scheduler patches that Dave pointed out as causing trouble and
see if things work that way.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/