installing and selecting runlevel 3?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Oct 3 00:01:14 UTC 2003

Not only should it be possible to choose runlevel 3 during the
installation, it should also be possible to Ctrl-Alt-F1 one's way out of
First Boot. The fact that one can't is not very user friendly especially
for unsophisticated users. It'll definitely trip up any number of users
who are blind, too.

Robert P. J. Day writes:
> From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at mindspring.com>
>
>   perhaps my memory is just going, but did i just overlook where, in
> the installation, i can select that i just want to boot to runlevel 3?  i'm
> a *real* fan of this, particularly since my first attempt to install fedora
> hung at trying to run "firstboot".
>
>   and bypassing firstboot made it clear that trying to startx with this
> particular make and model of monitor fails miserably.  i much prefer
> to start with runlevel 3, and only switch to 5 once i verify that everything
> works properly.
>
> rday
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Working Group
Free Standards Group