Grub stage1 file error

Ossama Khayaat ossamak at nht.com.kw
Sat Oct 4 10:21:34 UTC 2003

Hi,
After installing fedora core on my Toshiba laptop and restarted, I didn't get the boot screen. I'm sure I chose to install a boot loader (grub).
Anyway, I booted with my first CD and use 'linux rescue' to install the boot loader (just thought something is wrong).
It turned to be that file /boot/grub/stage1 couldn't be read!
I used 'rpm -V grub' and didn't get any error at all.
I tried removing and installing the package again, but still no use.
I checked the MD5SUM of the ISO images and they are also fine.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Ossama Khayat

---