[FEDORA] Re: [FEDORA] Re: severin login failure after updating today

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 4 21:16:51 UTC 2003

On October 4, 2003 08:13 am, Gerry Tool <Gerry Tool <gstool at earthlink.net>>
wrote:
> > I run startx. At least Gnome now invokes my startup programs, BUT I
> > *still* can't print, even doing  test print as su root, I get NOTHING
> > sent to the printer... :-(
>
> I suspect your printing problem is independent of the GDM crash
> problem.  I can print fine, but I use networked printers, not USB
> connected printers.
Gerry, I've done a complete clean instal, and I'm now downloading the
latest stuff from RHN right now. Unfortunately, I seem to have NOT
installed the beta GPG signatures on my HD, so I had to turn off
security checking in rhn... :-(

... let's see if my print system is still functioning after the updates
are done and I reboot the system.

Elton.

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.