pxeboot info Was: Re: Gnome Crashes

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Oct 6 02:10:28 UTC 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I want to try pxebooting too! I'll have to put in some serious work for
> that!

It is pretty easy if you have a machine that has a nic that supports it.
Do not use the pxe rpm. Use a linux dhcp server and tftp. If you want config
file examples etc. let me know. the mistake I made when I set it up initally
was to try to use then pxe rpm. It works but the documentation is borked and
using a linux dhcp server is much easier. Of course if for some reason you
cannot use a linux dhcp server then AFAIK the pxe rpm and tftp are your only
choice. :-(

FWIW building a ks.cfg file that suits your needs is much harder than getting
pxeboot to work.

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl at rogueind.com	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123 at rogueind.com