Configuring DMA to ON

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 7 01:28:41 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 13:54, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I setup the DMA setting to on to work on my CD-RW?
>
> Regards,
> Thiago

If you look in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

# Turn on harddisk optimization
# There is only one file /etc/sysconfig/harddisks for all disks
# after installing the hdparm-RPM. If you need different hdparm
# parameters for each of your disks, copy /etc/sysconfig/harddisks to
# /etc/sysconfig/harddiskhda (hdb, hdc...) and modify it.
# Each disk which has no special parameters will use the defaults.
# Each non-disk which has no special parameters will be ignored.

You can open up /etc/sysconfig/harddisks and uncomment (remove the #
from the beginning of the line) the lines

USE_DMA=1
MULTIPLE_IO=16
EIDE_32BIT=3

You can also use the hdparm command directly type man hdparm to get some
more information on the command.

Jim Drabb
--
James Drabb