redhat-config-securitylevel vs redhat-config-firewall?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Oct 8 00:36:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 08:23:20PM -0400, James Drabb wrote:

> I totally agree, there is not a real need for sendmail on a desktop PC.

This carping on sendmail from different quarters is getting really
boring.  Did you ever bother to check _how_ sendmail is configured
by default, for a very long time now, and why?

> Most desktop users will use Evolution, Mozilla Mail, KMail,

I can assure that you will not catch me using any of these stinkers.
But what _this_ has to do with the issue?

> so there is no reason for a MTA.

There are reasons.

  Michal