GDM Seems fixed now...

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 8 03:32:51 UTC 2003

I think a Demo account should probably work? I'm not sure. I've held a
Basic account for a couple years now. Let's see if another visit to RHN
will help you....

Visit http://rhn.redhat.com and logon.

Click the Systems tab.

Click on the name of your system.

You will see a link: Alter Channel Subscriptions. Click on it.

Put a check mark in the box to the left of "Severn Beta 2 (i386) Updates".

Click the Change Subscriptions button.

Noe you should be able to get into a root shell and run

up2date -u

and get all the updates.

I suggest running

'up2date --configure'

first, and removing 'kernel*' from the list of packages not to download.
You really want the new improved kernels. Now run 'up2date -u'.

Bob