Browsing Samba in Nautilus

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Fri Oct 10 03:34:05 UTC 2003

Christopher A. Williams schrieb:

>On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 15:25, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>

>>I'm not really familiar with samba3, but I think you need "netbios name
>>= <name of the box>" somewhere in the globals. I've installed severn and
>>samba didn't work, but when I added the netbios name and restarted
>>everything worked fine. A bug in default config?
>>
>>Christoph
>>

>Gave that a try. No luck...
>
>I thought that would be a lucky shot if it did work though. Normally
>that parameter automatically defaults to the first part of the machine's
>IP host name.

Yes, you're right. Then it was something different in the config, but
"netbios name" was the first change I noticed when I compared the config
created during install and my old RH9 one. The default config did'nt
work, altough on startup everything seemed to work, but nmbd was not
running.

>I'll keep looking...

me too

Christoph