RHN Error - going through yum directly

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 10 03:35:45 UTC 2003

Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Epps, Aaron M. wrote:
>

>>I just finished installing all the Fedora Core updates and now I get
>>this message when I try to run up2date.  Anybody know why I'm getting
>>this?
>

> Rawhide now has the fedora-release-0.95-1 package from the ongoing 0.95
> release process, so my RHN push included it as well. The best suggestion I
> can currently give is to switch to updating via yum.
>
> -- Elliot
> Individualists, unite!

I used up2date to keep my system current, up to this time. I had to fix
my yum.conf file for the short down time. Great job with the additions
to run up2date with the yum and apt repositories, as well as the updates
on rhn channel.

I didn't realize that it took so long for yum to retrieve all of the
needed headers. It is still retrieving the info. It has not been used
independently, until now.

Jim

--
Dreams are free, but you get soaked on the connect time.