Metacity-2.6.2 and gtk_window_fullscreen()

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at freemail.hu
Fri Oct 10 07:44:11 UTC 2003

HP is cc'd, he's the maintainer of Metacity.

Boszormenyi Zoltan írta:
> Hi,
>
> I am running an almost uptodate fedora/rawhide system.
> I develop an in-house program using Glade2 and I use
> gtk_window_fullscreen() to cover the desktop from the user.
> The code I use is something like this:

> mainwin = create_mainwin();
> gtk_window_fullscreen(GTK_WINDOW(mainwin));
> gtk_widget_show(mainwin);
>
> dialog = create_startdialog();
> gtk_window_set_transient_for(GTK_WINDOW(dialog), GTK_WINDOW(mainwin));
> gtk_widget_show (dialog);
>
> In RH9 (using sawfish) the mainwin is switched to fullscreen
> and the dialog (a login window) appears above it, so it is visible.
>
> In Fedora (using metacity) the mainwin is switched to fullscreen
> but the dialog is not visible, but as it is modal, it grabs the focus.
> Highly annoying. Is there a usable setup program for metacity
> to change that behaviour or is it a bug in metacity?
> OR how can I change the window manager in GNOME-2.4?

There is something strange going on. I did

killall -KILL metacity ; sawfish &

logged out with saving session properties, and
logged in.

Of course sawfish was my new WM, but running my program
with the above code produced different (also unwanted) result.

The mainwin was not really made fullscreen but the maximize
button disappeared from the window title bar. The dialog
appeared above mainwin.

It was with sawfish-1.3-1. I downgraded to sawfish-1.2-5
from RH9 but the result was the same.

It must be something in gtk-2.2.4-3.1(Fedora) vs. gtk2-2.2.1-4(RH9).

--
Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi