fucking redhat network config since redhat 5.x

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Fri Oct 10 06:45:33 UTC 2003

Hi,
sorry but i am so xxx about the redhat-config tools. Once again, we
have more than one tool which configures the DSL, ADSL Line.

When i use the redhat-config tool to configure a pppoe-dsl Internet
connection, i was not able to make the things i have configured.

The computer does not start automatically the ppp connection, other
computers in the lan can not take this one as an internet gateway.
(masquerading)

When i input a false username and want to change it, the gui
does not change the thing in the pap-secrets file in /etc/ppp.

Ok, when the gui will not do this, i use adsl-setup.
This tool again do not change the username in pap-secrets.

Why is it so difficult to make ONE thing to configure something.

I can configure masquerading via iptables, but what the hell
must i do, that the computer which has the pppoe-dsl,
automatically connects to internet when another computer
wants it?

The adsl-setup give me the option, but this will not work.

No, i will not use the bugzilla to send noticed bugs to redhat.

One thing completely different:
I have install fedora, but i register in RHN. But i can only register 2
demo entitlements (computers) with one account.

Is there a chance to get a F(edora) N in the future with more than 2
demo accounts?

CU
Jörn Rink

--