Fedora 0.94 & speedtouch and misc.

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sun Oct 12 10:06:21 UTC 2003

Am Sa, den 11.10.2003 schrieb Kibosh um 16:52:
> - /etc/fstab
>
> I tried to mount /hda1 (ntfs) but after the reboot I could
> see that the system didn't mount it, for it's a ntfs partition

ntfs support is considered as too buggy (even read operations may damage
the ntfs filesystem) so it's not activated in the kernel configuration.
Red Hats apporach is sometimes rather conservative.

> - adsl connexion (modprobe bug?)

[snip]
> I still get error messages like "modprobe not found" and
> "modem_run not found".
> So I typed "modprobe usbcore" in a root console and got the same kind of

modprobe is in /sbin, but /sbin is not in your path, performing su. You
have to perform a "su -" or add /sbin/ to your scripts.

Peter