Wlan problem and enterprise neads

Hemgren, Christer Christer.Hemgren at axfood.se
Mon Oct 13 13:08:41 UTC 2003

Hello

I 'm using the latest "Severn Beta 2 (i386)" updated 12 Oct on a Compaq
laptop and are
very pleased with it, but i have problem with the PCMCIA wlan cards.

It's got broken after a up2date. I can use the Cisco aironet 350 as i hade
one the install moment but when i shift to "PRISMA2" chipset card Netgear
MA401, it don't work. Kudzu finds it.

The "Netgear MA401" worke to associate with the CISCO AP1200 before it got
broken using

iwconfig eth2 essid "secret"

But the Cisco aironet 350 card don't associate if it is not a broadcasted
ssid (by a sheep 3Com AP at home)!!!!

I have try Arjan's "2.6 test7.1.52.rpm" kernel and in that no wlan card or
USB mouse works.

Should i wait for the new beta to see if there is updates?

I'm still missing some wlan and serial console stuff like

Xsupplicant from http://www.open1x.org/  for secure wlan login using
802.1x (most have in enterprise network) and

a wlan profile manager like Kwifimanager from
http://kwifimanager.sourceforge.net/ so i can have two ore more profiles and
change fast from one to another.

Komport from http://sharkey.servebeer.com/~michael/komport/ for serial
console access to device like Cisco router/switch.

keep up the good stuff guys.

tanx

Christer Hemgren
Network Admin/Engineer