Update or new ISOs ?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 14 02:43:14 UTC 2003

I prefer doing network installs because they are faster and I don't have
to remember to put another CD in the drive. You can use bootnet.img or
just burn CD #1, boot from that, and specify 'linux askmethod' at the
boot: prompt.

I want to try pxe-booting the Tom Diehl way...just as soon as this other
machine of mine is ready...

I burn CDs of the betas partly so that I have a rescue CD to use and
partly so that I can show a really nice beta to friends and then press
free CD sets on them. ("No time limitation, and the release version is
free, too.") That has gotten one friend into Linux.

Unfortunately, my main demo machine is my older Sony Vaio laptop, and
the Fedora mouse driver has simply gone right down the sewer on that
machine -- the mouse goes crazy with random movements -- and I'm afraid
to show Fedora without a working mouse to my particular crowd.

Bob