redhat-config-network fried (was: Re: fedora-test-list digest, Vol 1 #269 - 31 msgs)

Ryan G. ryanpg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 19:12:20 UTC 2003

Hi list,

Sorry about the previous subject line ;-)

>I am able to connect to the internet fine via eth dhcp but
>since my fedora upgrade (to test 3 .95) dialup is nonfunctional and
>acting very weird.  Previously I was able to connect at work over >the
phone line just fine.

Now ping tells me blah blah blah "Dest Unreachable Bad Code: 9"

<snip>

>The modules are loaded and wvdial works, the modem dials, connects
>and pppd is started, ppp0 is listed by ifconfig and pppd is running.

<snip>

>Here's why I think it may be related to fedora (besides the fact >that
things worked before upgrading), I'm unable to edit (New, Edit >or
Delete actually) any entry in the Hosts tab using
>redhat-config-network.  The IP, Name and Aliases fields are blank >and
cannot be changed.  Clicking New brings up the "Add / Edit Hosts
>entry" dialog box but filling in the fields and clicking ok leaves >me
with nothing, no changes stick.

Here's another thing; when I attempt to activate the interface from
within redhat-config-network there's a pause and then the activating
network dialog dissapears.  The Devices status remains "Inactive" but a
quick ifconfig shows ppp0 is up.  What is going on?

Why am I getting Dest Unreachable?

>netstat seems to indicate there is NOT a connection present.

thanks again all,
-ry