Yum/Apt repositories in Package Management

Dan Goodes dang at planetmirror.com
Wed Oct 15 01:26:39 UTC 2003

Hi Folks,

Just a question (that's what mailing lists are for)... In the improved
package management software (now including support for apt and yum
repositories), does the sources list file support username/password
authentication for repositories? I have a "premium" account on my local
apt repository that requires me to login with u/p. With Synaptic, I can
specify the username and password in the form http://user:pass@host/ or
ftp://user:pass@host/. Last time I checked, Yum did not support this
(however it was added to the CVS for yum after a quick discussion on the
yum mailing list). Will the package management support it?

--
Regards,

Dan Goodes  :  Systems Programmer  :  dang at planetmirror.com

Help support PlanetMirror - Australia's largest Internet archive
by signing up for PlanetMirror Premium : http://planetmirror.com