Flash plugin for mozilla

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 15 04:53:17 UTC 2003

> Has anyone been able to install and get flash to work with the mozilla
> in Fedora test 3?  I downloaded and isntalled it from macromedia's web
> site but the plugin isn't showing up in Help/About plugins menu.
>
> Any ideas?

  I had it installed from test2 and did an upgrade (which only had to
upgrade a few packages) and it's still working.  The simplest way to do the
install is to forget the installer and just copy the two files
flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
(sometimes the installer will refuse this and force you to install into
the version specific directory like /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4.1 which means you
have to redo the install every time the version of Mozilla changes).