RHN with Fedora Test 3

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 14:40:24 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Jason Montleon wrote:

>OK, I've seen the postings regarding running up2date --configure in order to
>use the Rawhide channel, but it's not working for me...  I am subscribed to
>nothing, and I don't see a way to subscribe to anything.  Anyone know where
>to go, what to check, what to change or what not to get subscribed to the
>channel?  Why is RH making this so difficult?  I don't ever recall having to
>go through such BS to get a production or beta system subscribed with
>RHN....

Beta testing software is done to find bugs and problems in both
the operating system itself, as well as RHN, and our internal
processes, in order that they can be found and fixed before the
final OS release.  It is not ever intended to be used on
production systems.

If you require flawless OS operation or RHN operation, you should
stick strictly to stable officially released supported versions
of the operating system.