Anaconda Installer: Use of swap space on a multi-drive, multiboot system

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 19:12:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 21:31, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> When the anaconda installer is presented with a system that has more
> than one physical hard drive installed, and the other drive has a linux
> system on it, it tries to snatch the swap space that belongs to the
> other system.
[snip]
> I don't think anaconda should be doing that. Comments?

This comes up occasionally.  It originally was due to interactions with
allowing you to run fdisk interactively during the install (wow, that
was a bad idea ;)

Of course, even if we don't switch to formatting all swap partitions,
we'll still end up using them all.  Well, unless someone has an idea of
how to say "use this swap partition" that fits in well with the rest of
the interface.

Cheers,

Jeremy