New extra packages and yum repository

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Oct 15 20:10:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:

> I'd like to see the RSS-GLX included in redhat, or at least one of the
> fedora servers.. I have seen rss-gls packages by at least one other
> person, and by Ximian too...
>
> > - rss-glx-0.7.6-1 (screen savers, need new ImageMagick packages from
>
> If we're going to ship screen savers, we may as well ship good ones...

As a counter-argument, though, there are enough problems with the GL-based
xscreensaver savers crashing X servers already, without adding more eye
candy into the mix which'll do the same (and if you look in bugzilla, you'll
find there are already bug reports in there from RSS crashing X servers)

later,
chris