up2date and proxy?

Thu Oct 16 14:42:23 UTC 2003

> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
>
> > I am trying to use up2date on fc1t3 and a proxy server, and while up2date
> > has a place to fill in the proxy info, it seems like it isn't working? (or
> > redhat's site is timing out?)
>
> up2date on fc1t3 points to the rawhide yum files. However in this mode the

This I was aware of.

> proxying is broken. A work around is to run up2date as root, with the

This, I was not.

> http_proxy environment variable set to point at your proxy.

Thanks for the help, but it is still no go, I did:
a.) su root
b.) export http_proxy=http://username:password@hostname:port
c.) up2date

then waited forever and a day for it to time out...

(I did see in the startup output a "declare -x" line with the http_proxy
variable listed.

> 	Michael Young

thanks,
   noah silva