New extra packages and yum repository

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 19:34:10 UTC 2003

Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:

>A more important thing to fix would be the prehistoric xscreensaver
>password entry box that lookis -nothing- like gnome (and makes me wonder
>what the difference between xscreensaver and gnome-xscreensaver is..)

I had a replacement for that "help! my monitor is on fire!" graphic a
while back.  If I remember correctly, the dialog hardcodes the image in
XPM format within some source code, so it's not as easy to replace the
image as it is to theme everything else, so we didn't get it in back then.

The entire look of it also needs to change, as you state.

I wish it used GTK+ and was aware of themes, or could at least be able
to have a drop-in graphic replacement on runtime instead of a hard-coded
one.

Garrett