AMD Athlon64 Systems

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Fri Oct 17 15:22:56 UTC 2003

Justin M. Forbes wrote:
> Yes, they should work on any AMD64 systems, but should also be considered
> more of a beta level product than standard Fedora Test 3.  There are still
> 64bit vs. 32bit issues that make some things not work as expected (IE
> 32bit plugins do not work with 64bit mozilla, etc).  That said, I have
> been running the first isos I made from test 2 for a couple of weeks now,
> and stability has not been much of an issue.

Does a 64bit mozilla even make sense right now?
I'd think just using the 32bit version would be fine. And no issues with
plugins.

FWIW, I work with 64bit Solaris8, but most apps are still 32bit.
Mozilla, OpenOffice.org for sure. I think all of GNOME is still 32bit
here. I would like to see a 64bit GIMP though...

What is the 32/64 bit split in Sparc linux distros? PowerPC distros?

	-Thomas