Change Icon Spacing on Gnome Desktop

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 17 19:13:31 UTC 2003

Yes but then when I right click and choose "Clean Up by Name" it's gonna put
a Parsec between each icon again.  Ok,  I might be exagerating; it's a few
less than 3.08568025 × 10^16 meters.....

I guess what I am most looking for is the equivelant functionality of right
clicking on a windows xp desktop (if you have one...), choosing the
appearance tab, clicking advanced, choosing "Icon Spacing (Vertical)" from
the Item Drop down and then setting the space between each icon (34 Pixels;
it must be precisely 34 pixels under Windows XP @ 1024x768.)

Then when I do "Arrange Icons by Name" it doesnt put a 1/2 Parsec between
each icon.

Sorry, I'm just super uptight and anal retentive about my desktop looking
really neat (some would say barren.)

Jason

On October 17, 2003 12:53 pm, Jason Montleon , <Jason Montleon
<monty19 hotmail com>> wrote:
> This is probably A) A really dumb question and B) A serious case of go
RTFM

> But I am looking online and around in settings and I can find no way to
> change the spacing of the desktop icons in Gnome.  Is there a way?  If so
> how?

AFAIK, you simply grab the icons with your mouse and move them
into position.