Up2date hangs at Testing Package Set

Paul truzzi at qwest.net
Mon Oct 20 22:48:29 UTC 2003

I was updating from beta 2 to 3 via up2date.  I grabbed the new kernel but
started having problems with "Testing Package Set / Solving RPM
Inter-dependencies".  If I selected more than 8 or 10 packages it would just
hang up and the status bar never even started.  So I grabbed the update for
up2date.  Things started to get even worse.  Now the inter-dependency check
hangs even if I select one package ( I did wait 3-1/2 hours for it to do its
thing).

OK, now I'm a bit new to this so please if you can, give detailed
suggestions.  Like don't tell me to reload the old up2date becasuse I've
always used up2date to do my updates.  Where would I get that package etc.?

Thanks
Paul