fedora-95 doesn't see pcmcia cards

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 20 02:50:52 UTC 2003

I'm installing fedora-95 on a Gateway Solo 5100.  it has 2 pcmcia cards,
which were found during installation and configured.

On the first reboot, kudzu found neither card.  When pcmcia started up I
got:

Yenta IRQ list 0c98 irq 9
Socket status:  30000010
[ one repeat ]

then a hard freeze. power off didn't do it. I had to unplug it and take out
the battery.

Rebooted without pcmcia. Tried a pcmcia start.  i got:

Device eth0 has different MAC addres than expected, ignoring.
cardmgr.

Then another hard freeze.

any help appreciated.

sean