fedora-95 doesn't see pcmcia cards

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 03:34:28 UTC 2003

sean darcy wrote:
> I'm installing fedora-95 on a Gateway Solo 5100.  it has 2 pcmcia cards,
> which were found during installation and configured.
>
> On the first reboot, kudzu found neither card.  When pcmcia started up I
> got:
>
> Yenta IRQ list 0c98 irq 9
> Socket status:  30000010
> [ one repeat ]
>
> then a hard freeze. power off didn't do it. I had to unplug it and take
> out the battery.
>
> Rebooted without pcmcia. Tried a pcmcia start.  i got:
>
> Device eth0 has different MAC addres than expected, ignoring.
> cardmgr.
>
> Then another hard freeze.
>
> any help appreciated.
>
> sean

My computer locked up before on the pcmcia module and was resolved by
adding acpi=on to the grub.conf file.

I think that there are too many overlapped IRQs overlaping without acpi
enabled. This seems to lockup people on devices that are not really at
fault.

I hope this works for you. ACPI is great for a lot of different things,
other than irq management.

Not an expert,

Jim