gnome-workspace switcher grants extra resolution?

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Tue Oct 21 00:57:21 UTC 2003

I run X at 1600x1200 at 85Hz using the nvidia module rather than nv, with a
TI4400 (driver 4496).

After upgrade from RH9 to test3, my gnome workspace switcher seems to be
using a higher resolution than my desktop!  Whenever switching by mouse
click, the screen shifts off center to the direction I clicked in the
workspace image, seemingly allowing a 2048x1536 resolution desktop when
it is otherwise NOT used.

(I have had that resolution in my XF86Config, but right now it is
removed and the X servers restarted with the same behavior still
remaining.  I confirmed the correct config is loading on X start, and
claims to be at 1600x1200.  I am zoomed to the maximum resolution.)

This does not occur in the kde workspace switcher using the same
configuration.

The mouse does not scroll the desktop at screen borders.  Switching with
key-combinations does not have this behavior.  It is difficult to
re-center my screen on the windows where there were as some have moved
completely off my monitor, only clicking again in the corners of the
panel applet moves the screen center.
Rawhide latest as of sending this email.

gnome-desktop-2.4.0-1
gnome-panel-2.4.0-3
gnome-applets-2.4.1-1
gnome-session-2.4.0-1

Suggestions?  Has this been seen by anyone else?

--
Andrew Farris <fedora at andrewfarris.com>