America's Army 1.9.0 game (3D bug?)

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 21 11:31:09 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 02:51, Louis Garcia wrote:
> I'm running a radeon-7500 card and been playing wolfenstein and quake3
> just fine under FC3. I just got America's Army to try it. Well it runs
> fine but the 3D rendering is messed up. How can I tell if this is a dri
> bug or a game bug? Since this is third party software can I expect no
> support if I file a bug?
>
> --Lou

This happened to me as well on my laptop with a Radeon 7500 M7.  I put
the game on a system with an NVidia card and it worked perfectly.  I am
pretty sure this is by design since NVidia was a part of the process and
had some promo stuff with it
http://www.nvidia.com/object/games_army.html
I think I read on /. that NVidia put out a bootable Linux CD with this
game so people could play it.
If you look at the FAQ for AmericasArmy, it doesn't say that only NVidia
is required, though it lists OpenGL drivers from NVidia and XIG as being
known to work:
http://www.americasarmy.com/faq_linux.php?p=3&t=4#faq0

I doubt it is an DRI issue and more of a card issue.

Jim Drabb
--
James Drabb
Senior Programmer Analyst