Up2date + Arjan 2.6 kernel problem

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Oct 21 14:14:18 UTC 2003

I recently decided to try out using up2date on my Fedora 0.95 test box
to upgrade my kernel to Arjan's 2.6.0-test8 kernel.  I uncommented the
line in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to add Arjan's repo, and ran up2date
(gui).

However, when I selected Arjan's repo and told it to get his kernel, it
came up with a collision.  Namely, it was complaining that /lib/modules
from his kernel conflicted with /lib/modules from filesystem-2.2.1-5.
Thus, up2date won't proceed.

I guess my question is can I use up2date and Arjan's repo, and if so,
how can I get around this?  Or, do I need to --force on the kernel via
rpm -i?

Thanks for any help,
Matt
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good